The Delaware Valley Association of Rail Passengers is an independent, member-supported, non-profit organization representing the railroad and mass transit users of the greater Philadelphia area.
DVARP was founded in 1972 and incorporated in 1994. We are tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, so your donations to DVARP may be tax deductible.
Over 2 decades …
- Working in the interests of present and potential railroad, trolley and other transit passengers.
- Concerned with southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, northern Delaware and other areas in or near the Delaware Valley.
- Informing our members of transportation issues through our highly praised monthly newsletter. No regional/state passenger rail advocacy group offers a publication which exceeds in quantity, quality and, certainly, value. It describes official plans, analyzes changes and needs for change, surveys new ideas, and brings out important but obscured facts.
Research, promote, advance & educate about cost-effective …
- Retention of service— Transit is an environmentally sound and most often a cost-effective way of moving people and combating automobile congestion. However, all too often, uninformed decision-makers in Harrisburg, Trenton and Washington are putting the squeeze on SEPTA, NJ Transit, PATCO and Amtrak.
- Improvement of service— With the proper direction, much can be done to enhance speed, reliability, passenger comfort, and operational efficiencies.
- Expansion of service— Bethlehem, Mt. Holly, Glassboro, Newtown, Pottstown, Quakertown, Reading, West Chester and Woodbury all need passenger rail service, and trolley service needs to expand in Philadelphia.
We are …
- Individuals who care about the state of passenger rail and transit service in the Delaware Valley.
- The organization that has a major impact on passenger rail and transit services in the Delaware Valley.
- An all volunteer, non-profit, incorporated organization.
Our support comes from:
- Individual & family membership dues.
- Individual & family annual fund contributions.
Through us, your voice can be heard at the state capitals, SEPTA, NJ Transit, PATCO and Amtrak to affect …
- The continued presence of your train, bus, or trolley.
- The reliability of your train, subway, bus, or trolley.
- The travel time of your trip.
- The comfort of your trip.
- The automobile congestion surrounding you.
- The air you breathe.
- The quality of your life and health.
We need your help. Please join us.