This is Andy Sharpe at DVARP again. Hopefully your Memorial Day weekend has gotten off to a relaxing start. DVARP is considering opening our office up for public working sessions on rail and transit-related topics. We’re currently crowdsourcing the topics that will be prioritized. Our proposed topics are:
- Government funding of mass transit
- SEPTA’s New Payment Technologies (NPT)
- Passenger amenities on SEPTA Regional Rail trains (bathrooms, trash cans, Wi-fi, etc)
- Skip-stop service and other Transit First principles on SEPTA City Transit Division buses/trolleys
- High-speed rail
- Re-opening PATCO’s Franklin Sq. Station
- Improving bus/rail service in Delaware
- Camden/Glassboro rail vs Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Make sure to shoot me an e-mail at the address in my signature to let me know which topic you think should be prioritized. Also, let me know if you’re interested in attending any of these public working sessions, and if so, what days and times work best for you. I promise our Board will take the opinions from these working sessions into consideration when voting.
Thanks, and have a thrilling, relaxing, and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Delaware Valley Association of Rail Passengers
1601 Walnut St., Suite 1129
Philadelphia, PA 19102-2913
phone: 215-RAILWAY (215-724-5929)